Specializing in Addiction Counseling
Do you think you may have a problem with an addiction and want help to figure it out? Are people around you telling you that your addiction is interfering with your relationships? Do you need help to remain in recovery and cope with life? Are you dwelling on the things that happened during your addiction?
Wherever you may be, I will meet you there and help you through it! Counseling and mental health support are vital parts of your recovery.
I offer strength-based individualized counseling services that incorporates cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, solution-focused therapy, and mindfulness techniques. I also provide assessments, treatment planning, and education services as they relate to abuse and dependency of alcohol and drugs. There is hope and recovery is possible!
You can schedule an appointment here: (mising link)
- Individual Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Chemical Dependency Counseling Groups
- Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) Evaluations
What is a SAP Evaluation?
If you are in a safety-sensitive position that falls under the jurisdiction of the DOT and you have received a violation due to a positive alcohol or drug test, you will be required to complete the SAP evaluation process in order for you to be reconsidered for safety-sensitive assignment.
The SAP evaluation consists of the following:
- A face-to-face clinical evaluation with standardized testing to determine the level of assistance needed to resolve the alcohol and/or drug-associated problems.
- Consultation with the Medical Review Officer (MRO).
- Recommendations and referrals to appropriate treatment/education programs. The DOT rules require a recommendation for some level of substance abuse education or treatment for each case.
- An initial report provided to the employer specifying the recommendations.
- Ongoing monitoring of compliance with SAP recommendations.
- A face-to-face follow-up evaluation to determine if the employee has fully and successfully complied with the initial evaluation and recommended course of treatment and/or education.
- A final report provided to the employer containing follow-up drug and/or alcohol testing plan and aftercare plan.